Millions of people have discovered the hard way that most Dry Eye therapy choices are ineffective for treating the primary cause of Dry Eye Disease: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). OptiLight, with patented Optimal Pulse Technology, is now a solution for Dry Eyes. It is the only FDA-approved Dry Eye treatment that uses powerful, broad-spectrum light to finally address MGD inflammation.
Call 469.490.ENVY (3689) today or schedule an appointment online.
OptiLight is the only FDA-approved light-based treatment that uses precise, intense broad-spectrum light to address the symptoms of dry eye disease caused by meibomian gland malfunction (MGD). MGD is the most common cause of dry eyes, accounting for almost 86% of cases.
The treatment targets inflammation, which is one of the primary underlying causes of MGD. Using OPT™ technology, OptiLight was designed to reach the delicate curves of the treated region safely, effectively, and tenderly. It's safe, precise and non-invasive, and delivers optimal results in just a few short sessions. It is intended for use in patients who are at least 22 years old, in conjunction with other available therapies such as Meibomian gland expression, artificial tear lubricants, and warm compresses.
For a multi-factorial condition, OptiLight is a multi-factorial treatment. It treats the disease by reducing major sources of inflammation that cause dry eye disease, such as abnormal blood vessels, Demodex mites, and pro-inflammatory agents. OptiLight restores meibomian gland function and delays tear film evaporation.
OptiLight treatment is not recommended for people who have the following conditions in the treatment area:
• Ocular surgery, eyelid surgery or Neuro-paralysis within 6 months prior to the first treatment
• Uncontrolled eye disorders affecting the ocular surface
• Pre-cancerous lesions, skin cancer or pigmented lesions in the planned treatment area
• Uncontrolled infections or uncontrolled immunosuppressive diseases
• Recent Ocular infections
• Prior history of cold sores or rashes in the perioral area, including herpes simplex 1 & 2, Systemic Lupus erythematosus and porphyria
• Use of photosensitive medication and/or herbs that may cause sensitivity within 3 months prior to the first IPL session
• Recent radiation therapy to the head or neck or planned radiation therapy
• Recent treatment with a chemotherapeutic agent or planned chemotherapy
• History of migraines, seizures or epilepsy
Made with Mobirise